- Similar Tours
- More Information
- A guided tour of important places
- Private AC Bus or Mini Bus
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
Arrival of the ship Departure of the excursion. The guide awaits you at the port with the “Med Shore Tours” sign.
Overview of the Port America’s Cup and the City of Arts and Sciences.Visit to the Port America´s Cup and tour of the Formula 1 European GP There will be a tour of the area where we can reproduce the itinerary made by the sports boats during the 32 America’s Cup. We will also know the urban reforms carried out in the same area for adaptation to an Urban Circuit that hosted from 2008 to 2012, the celebration of the Formula 1 European Grand Prix.
Visit to the Historic Center of the City.We will start in the Serranos Towers. From here we will walk the city on foot, visiting:
– Las Cortes Valencianas –Exterior (former palace of the Borja family).
– The Basilica of the Virgen de los Desamparados- Interior: Dedicated to the patron saint of the city and built in the 17th century in the Baroque style.
– Palau de la Generalitat: The facade consists of a central body of late Gothic style, with two towers. Currently headquarters of the Valencian Government. We will visit the interior.
– The Water Tribunal: It is the oldest justice institution in Europe. They meet every Thursday, for 1000 years at the Door of the Apostles of the Cathedral.
– The Cathedral: Gothic style, with subsequent extensions that are observed in the superposition of styles. They highlight the altarpiece of the main altar painted by Fernando Yánez de la Almedina, a disciple of Leonardo da Vinci, the Chapel of the Holy Chalice and the Chapel of San Francisco de Borja (with paintings by Goya).
– El Miguelete (facade): Bell tower built in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries by Andrés Juliá, of marked Gothic character. It is located next to the baroque iron gate of the Valencia Cathedral.
– The Round Square: As its name indicates it is circular, with stalls and a fountain in the center, from where the network of drinking water channeling in Valencia in the nineteenth century began. As a curious fact we will see the narrowest building in Europe.
– The Silk Exchange: Monument declared a World Heritage Site, as it is the most representative work of civil Gothic in Europe. Built for commercial transactions, composed of three parts: The Columnary Hall, the Tower and the Consulate of the Sea.
– The Central Market: Modernist style building. Its architects were Guardiola and Soler, trained at the School of Architecture of Barcelona, collaborators of Domènech i Montaner, who exerted a great influence on the spread of Modernism throughout Spain. It is the largest market in Europe.
– González Martí National Ceramics Museum: Located in the Marquis de Dos Aguas Palace, a baroque palace where you can see the best pieces of ceramics from Manises, Paterna and Alcora.
Return to the coach.
Tour to the City of Arts and Sciences.The City of Arts and Sciences.Two architects are those who have carried out this great project: Santiago Calatrava with the Palau de les Arts, L´Hemisfèric, the Museum of les Ciències “Prince Felipe” and L´Umbracle, and on the other hand Félix Candela with the unique covers of the main buildings of L´Oceanogràfic.We will start in L´UMBRACLE, created as a walk and viewpoint.The PALAU DE LES ARTS REINA SOFÍA, destined for musical shows, where you can enjoy opera, dance and theater.Then we will approach the PRINCIPE FELIPE MUSEUM, the first model in the world of science museums of the 21st century.We will continue the tour through the exterior of the museum until we reach L´HEMISFÈRIC. The design represents a human eye. Inside there is a giant concave screen of 900 m².Visit of the Oceanographic.Finally, we will visit the interior of L´OCEANOGRÀFIC, the largest oceanographic park in Europe. Conceived as a natural park, it houses the most important ecosystems in the world.
Return to the ship. End of the excursion.Duration: 5:30 hours.
The duration of the excursion is approximate, it will be subject to the time of arrival of the ship and disembarkation of the passengers.